Monday, July 27, 2009

Mouthwatering Monday!



Abby has been having a hard time coming when she is told, so I thought I should have some treats around so she would have more of an incentive. Well today I thought, why not just make some of my own! I found a nice recipe for dog biscuits on allrecipes.com believe it or not! A lovely little site I love to visit for ideas on dinner for my family. Not only do they have great recipes for humans, but for dogs too! As soon as these cute little bone biscuits came out of the oven, Abby and Dewey were going ballistic. Just the smell was tantalizing enough! Once they were cooled I let them each try one and I wasn't even able to get a good picture of them munching on one because they snapped them up so quickly. They're a hit at my house, try them out and I'm sure they will be at yours too!

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1/3 cup margarine
  • 1 cup boiling water
  • 3/4 cup cornmeal
  • 2 teaspoons white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 3 cups whole wheat flour
DIRECTIONS
  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, margarine, and boiling water. Let stand 10 minutes. Grease cookie sheets.
  • Thoroughly stir in cornmeal, sugar, bouillon, milk, Cheddar cheese, and egg. Mix in flour, 1 cup at a time, until a stiff dough has formed.
  • Knead dough on a lightly floured surface, mixing in additional flour as necessary until dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Roll or pat out dough to 1/2" thickness. Cut with cookie cutter (I prefer bone shaped), and place 1 inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
  • Bake 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Cool before serving. Store in a loosely covered container.


  • Notice Abby in the background? She could tell something good was on it's way!


    Ready for the oven!

    No comments:

     
    Clicky Web Analytics